Tuesday, May 04, 2010

3 IdiOts

A Wonderful movie, wasn't it? Before you make your conclusions that I am writing a review of '3 idiots' after 3 long months after it was off the screens, I would like to make it clear its not a review but its about the 3 idiots I encountered while watching that movie.

Its quite tough to get tickets for a new or a hit movie in a film crazy city like Chennai. But somehow I got to see it in the hall just before it was to be replaced by My Name is Khan.

The First Idiot
As soon as the movie started someone behind me started conversing in English and he soon was translating each and ever dialogue from Hindi to English much to our irritation.A North Indian guy had brought his South Indian girlfriend to the movie but his efforts in charming her were turning out to be an unpleasant experience for the fellow audiences. I turned around and politely signaled with my hands to lower his volume. He stopped for a while but again he started. Then a tamil guy(I can tell by has accent) who was sitting in the same row as that guy yelled at him, "Please buy a DVD and watch it with subtitles but please be quite now". That finally silenced that guy and he never spoke again.

The Second and Third Idiot
Nearly half an hour had passed when a guy came in looking for his seat. He came up to me and asked, "Is this your seat?". I replied in affirmative. He went outside the hall and brought in the third idiot, the ticket checker.
The third idiot came up to me and said, "Sir, ticket". Aamir Khan had written the words "Farhanitrate" and Prerajulisation" and I was quite engrossed in the movie. This interruption obviously irritated me but I rummaged my pocket and showed him my ticket. He verified my ticket and now asked the second idiot to show his. When he checked his ticket, it turned out that it was a matinee show ticket and this was the evening show. The third idiot apologised to me and asked the second idiot to move out. The second idiot groaned and uttered curses at someone who might have given him that ticket but moved out.

Though these three idiots made my initial movie watching experience an unpleasant one but the three idiots on screen ensured that I left the hall smiling. :)

0 comments: