Saturday, May 01, 2010

Return of the Blogger

Hi everyone, with my first post of 2010, I announce my return to blogging.

I am sorry I could not amuse you all with my stories, controversies and wisecracks for nearly five months now. I had to lock up the writer in me so that I could get used to dancing on bed of hot coals. Thats how I would like to describe my past few months. Though personally I was in a cocoon fighting my own demons but was observing many interesting things happening in the world.

Last ten months have been quite eventful for our country though mostly in a negative manner thanks to separatist agitations, maoist violence and many scandals. I would like to reserve my comments on all these issues till I do some ground work myself as I feel forming opinions on the basis of news channel and news papers is no longer wise.

Only bright thing I can recall is Sachin Tendulkar's dazzling performances on field. His consistency in scoring runs and raising the benchmark for batsmen by reaching new milestones when critics had written him off has brought back people to watch cricket. His double century revived the interest of many people in ODIs again and I think most of you would agree if I say IPL3 was a hit because of Sachin alone. I even watched Test matches(because I had that kind of time to waste) only to see him score centuries after centuries. For a cricket lover like me Sachin's batting is a great stress buster and a source of happiness. Thank you Sachin.

I will soon be back with my next post, probably with some literary review or something funny or outrageous that I may recall.

0 comments: